February 27, 2009

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration

I received a deluxe sample of the abovementioned shampoo and conditioner from P&G BrandSampler last week. And really, I don't think I've EVER given a hair system a positive review after only one use. But my hair responded extremely well to this. My scalp seems to have a delicate balance in the Canadian winter...it can get super dry, but if I use a moisturizing shampoo it gives me what I can only describe as reverse dandruff. I can get some really nasty flakes around my hairline from anything too moisturizing. So I usually alternate between Dove moisturizing shampoo (since it promises not to strip all of the natural oils away and I've found it holds fairly true to that) and Artego Fruitree shampoo, either Peach (when my hair is coloured) or Strawberry (a nice frequent use shampoo).

I can see that Hello Hydration could cause potential buildup if I used it every time I shampoo. But...I'm quite sure that once the samples are gone I will purchase both the shampoo and conditioner and they will fit nicely into my rotation, probably replacing the Dove. The shampoo cleaned my hair efficiently, removed the itch from my scalp without adding a ton of oil back in. The conditioner is just a very nice conditioner. Moisturized my frazzled ends (in need of a cut) well.

And the scent is quite original! Orchid and coconut milk. I'd thought that something called "Herbal Essences" would be highly fragranced. However, it's just a subtle hint of scent that lingers on your hair. I'm impressed for one of the cheapest products in the drugstore!

No comments: