January 30, 2009

Clearin' Out (bath and body)

Again in continuation from the original:

Premiere Editions No. 12. If you read my review you know why.

After a long conversation with a bath and body online group, I realized that the "Essential Oils" I got from the dollar store aren't actually essential oils. So I gave up on using them in bath and body products. Tried using them on my pulse points, but their "peach" and "strawberry" are so fake I couldn't handle it.

"The Color Workshop" thoughtfully included a bottle of watery rose-scented hand lotion with a manicure set. Too bad it doesn't moisturize. At ALL.

An entire tube of Nature's BodyWorks premium hydrating lotion was given out at a hairstyling show I attended. Unfortunately, the "Desire" scent was provided and it smells far from desirable. One of the girls I was with said, "My hands feel so soft, but it smells like ***." I could not agree more. This is an excellent moisturizer but a different scent would be preferable. (For those who are interested, "Desire" is composed of jasmine, sandalwood, patchouli and sweet orange.)

St. Ives Healthy Brilliance firm and glow lotion--I have reviewed this previously on here, and in short: there is only one shade, it works ridiculously slowly, and it is yet another product with an obnoxious scent.

This is the one I hate to get rid of the most: a rollerball scent/lipgloss duo of "fantasy" by Britney Spears. I actually really like this scent. I just can't wear it anymore because I know this really annoying person who wears it and everytime I wear it I think about her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There really are a lot of products claiming to be real when they're not. That's why you've got to really find the company with the right products that work well with you.