February 29, 2016

Review: L'Oreal Hair Expertise Extraordinary Oil




Over the years I have worked with a LOT of different shampoos and hair products. I can tell the good stuff from the bad just by rubbing it between my fingers. And this? It's top quality. This really is a great moisturizing shampoo and conditioner line filled with great ingredients to help smooth dry, damaged hair. It is also has a wonderful premium texture (they're dead on calling the shampoo lightweight and the conditioner velvety). However, I don't feel this was the best set for me to review. My hair is a bit dry, but not extremely dry, and is also fairly fine. The shampoo made my scalp feel oilier than usual and I found myself washing my hair more often. I tried using the conditioner alone with my regular shampoo and was much more pleased with the results. I was also very excited to try the nourishing mask balm because I thought it would be similar to the Goldwell 5-minute masks I used in the salon. It didn't seem to be quite as high quality, but still a great addition to your regular hair routine to prevent split ends and infuse moisture. I would most recommend this line for very damaged and dry hair, for example if you bleach your hair blonde or spend a lot of time in the sun.

Disclaimer: L'Oreal sent me the shampoo, conditioner, and mask free to try through VoxBox. All opinions are my own.

No comments: