May 18, 2009

In the Interim...

While I am waiting to pick up my two new moisturizers, the fact that my current nighttime moisturizer is working horribly (I was able to verify tonight that it was indeed the cause of the nightly burning sensation...definitely not a "cool feeling") and the fact that I use none in the daytime gives lieu to the 10-odd samples of moisturizer sitting in a basket on my vanity. Hence in the interim you should get some good reviews.

This afternoon I tried Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment mask. All the science she puts into her products is well worth it, resulting in an incredibly silky feeling lotion. Reading the back of the sample as well as her commentary in Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me, it actually sounded like a pretty good choice for me. It is chuck full of emollients and antioxidants and such to give my skin that moisture jolt it has been desperately needing. You can leave it on as long as necessary, and with every use your skin looks better. Well, I left it on for about half an hour and my skin actually absorbed most of it, there was very little to rinse off. This really surprised me despite the state of my epidermis...I'm used to a mask sitting on my skin and not really doing anything. The result was very smooth and hydrated skin and I was very pleased. The downside to this perfect product? It is quite strange to rinse off. Imagine you have gone overkill on the hand lotion. Do you rinse and rinse, hoping to lose the greasiness? Or do you wash your hands with soap? Exactly my point with this mask. The other downside is it has to be ordered online with a credit card. There often are sales as well as good deals on the shipping, but in my case I have to borrow a parental unit's credit card and write them a cheque afterward. It's a lot of hassle for a tube of lotion, no matter how amazing that may be.

No comments: