February 19, 2008

What's up with this blog?

Henna over at Canadian Beauty recently mentioned that her posts are tagged! They've been like that forever of course, but it's something people tend to forget about. As a result of her post, I've been reading through her Drugstore Beauty tag...fascinating read. Go check her out.

Anyhoo, I thought this would be a good time to tell everyone about THIS blog's settings! (Key terms are coloured.)

* I'm in the Blogger listings, and searchable on major search engines.
* If you click the little envelope under each post you can email that post to whomever you choose.
* Only seven posts are on the main page, so although I am a slow updater, if you think you missed something, you probably did. Check the archives!
* Anyone can comment, you don't have to belong to Blogger...
* If you link to a post it will show up under the comments.
* Comments are in a popup window so you don't have to worry about losing your spot on the page.
* All posts are archived and available on the sidebar!
* Each post has its own page...if you click the title of a post you will go there.
* You can play with my virtual hamster in the sidebar. ^_^ Click on her and she'll run on the wheel (turn on your speakers!), click on "more" and you can feed her.
* There's a chatbox at the bottom of the page.

And two new things!
1. It is now much easier to subscribe to my blog. There is a link in the sidebar!
2. Thanks again to Henna's inspiration, my blog now features TAGS (or labels, whatever you want to call them). Yay! Through the sidebar, you can access those. Click on a label and you will be shown all relevant posts.

I always want to make my blog better. If there's anything you'd like to see I'll be sure to take it into consideration. (Less rambling? Full feed?)

No comments: